Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Kahurangi Kapahaka Performance.

"Kia ora everyone," said Aroha as we all got a fright. We had just arrived at this kapahaka performance in the hall. There were 5 people, another guys one name Lucky. He was humorous. When  they were doing  really cool dances the  5 people had  powerful voices. As they were telling some stories some of us were getting bored.


After they had finished doing the dance they picked 2 kids and 1 teacher from our school. Their names were Auri, Korobeau and Mr Goodwin. They had to try copy the moves the man with the stick was doing. They were all funny because all of them did it wrong. When the man and the lady were performing they had beautiful perfectly pitched harmony which nearly made me cry.


suddenly Lucky and Aroha started doing a really loud hake. Lucky was scary because he does really scary pukanas and did funny facial ex. Everybody was giggling because Lucky does googly eyes and he started waking people with his Maori stick and said ‘’ Hey why are you laughing!!!’’ Then we moved on.


Finally its was coming to the end but we had to finish with a story. Aroha told us something about the Maori people back in the old days and the guy was playing the guitar. The story was making me tired and I just had to stay awake. When it was the end we all said ‘’ Kia ora!!!’’. As we left I had cranp in my legs Then I noticed it was time to go for a run.




My Kahurangi checklist
Have I read it ‘out loud’?
v
to a partner?
Does it make sense?
v
to a partner?
Do I need to add anything, so the reader can really ‘see’ what I mean?
v

Do my sentences begin in different ways?
v

Have I included complex sentences?
v

Have I included different types of sentences? (i.e. speech, exclamations, questions)
v

Do I need to delete anything?
v

Have I included interesting vocab in every paragraph?
v

Have I checked my punctuation?
v

Do I have capitals to begin all of my sentences?
v

No capitals in the middle of my sentences?
v

Capitals if there is a special name of a thing or place or person?
v

Do all my sentences end with a full stop or a question mark or an exclamation mark ?  
v

Have I used commas where they are needed to show a pause or breath or an extra idea?
v

Have I included speech marks where I have written the things people have said?
v

Have I checked my spelling?
v

Have I corrected all of the spelling mistakes?
v

Have I read through all of my writing as a final check?
v



No comments:

Post a Comment