Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Adding Detail

Never in my life I had faced such a difficult challenge. I stood in front of the cargo which looked like a towering wall. My hands felt sweaty  and my heart was pounding...Ill never be ready for this.

It was Physical Education and there was lots of equipment around me like poles and balls. The net was something we all had to do and we needed to at least try to climb it all the way up. I was not a good climber, and never  had been taught how to do it. I wanted to turn away but everybody was staring at me. My legs felt wobbly and my breathing was shallow. I grabbed the net in my hands  and began to climb up. Hand over hand I reached cautiously to each rope. “I can do it,”  I encouraged myself as I went. “I hope I don’t get rope burn or splinters” I worried. I tried not to think about feeling scared of heights  so I tried my best. Suddenly I went more slowly the longer I climbed.
I stopped and my legs  felt weak and there was still so far to climb.

I called to the teacher that I was finished climbing up. I lowered myself down real slow with determination. I was thinking that I had tried my best and hardest but still not enough strength. I still most likely cannot climb the  cargo net any longer. But I was pleased I had tried it and it is all over.

1 comment:

Carissa Watford said...

That would be a hard thing for me too Wiremu, I believe that even when I was little I would not have been able to do that. It is awesome that you tried and got very far up. I know it takes a lot of strength to even do that. I see movies and videos of people climbing them for the military, fun runs, and for physical fitness/education. I wish I had the ability to climb something like that. I feel like it takes someone who is very fit and has a lot of strength to be able to finish something like that. Congratulations for going as far as you did!

Post a Comment