Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

The Samoan Performance


On Friday morning Tamaiki College Samoan men and girls came to our school to perform and help the Fiafia Samoan group.  They performed at the Polyfest In Auckland they came 4th place so I reckon they wanted to show us the experience. When we walked In the hall we saw the Samoan group sitting on the stage. When most of the school were seated they stated there slapping dance. They were cool because they were synchronrsed and fast.



When they  finished their 2nd to last performance they tried their hardest to finish It off properly. Their last performance was a beautiful song that was sung In Samoan It nearly made me cry. When they finished Kaycee came to ask some questions.


When I grow Up I won't to be In an maori performance so I can go to the poly fest.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Wiremu! My name is Caroline Parker and I am a student in EDM310 at the Univeristy of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I enjoyed reading your Samoan Performance blog. I love how your class had the opportunity to see the Tamaiki College Samoan men and women. I'm not quite sure what they do, but I will get on google and YouTube and find out. I too, have a soft spot for beautiful music. I hope that you get the chance to be in a maori performance so you can go to Polyfest. I enjoyed reading your blog! I hope to read more from you soon!

Semi said...

Hi Wiremu. I like your story about the Samoan performance I enjoy to. Keep up the good work.

Post a Comment